Monday, June 27, 2011

The grass is greener on the other side.

Sometimes I feel disgruntled about where I live. I want to live in either Minneapolis or St. Paul, right in the middle of the action. I would be closer to most of my friends. I would be closer to good restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and stores. I would be in a central location where any of the suburbs were only a short distance away.

I could bike on bike paths that span cities. I could run around big lakes. I could run across the Stone Arch Bridge like I used to when I was in college. I could stay out and not have to sleep at a friend's place, but in the comfort of my own bed.

But then, at my house in the Northern 'Burbs, I look out the window, and this is what I see:

Notice the cute bird.
                       
Then my coordinates don't seem so bad after all. One day, I'll get to the city. Until then, I'm going to appreciate the beautiful colors of the sky; the grass is pretty green on my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin'?