Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Main Attraction

I have officially decided that St. Anthony Main is one of my favorite places. Tonight I had my first taste of Wilde Roast Cafe, which was as fantastic as I imagined it to be. I started out with a sweet wine, had a turkey BLT with fries (sprinkled with shredded parmesan) (I thought I was supposed to give up fries) (Never), and topped it off with Summit Pilsner gelato. You heard me. The only thing that could have made it better was if it was a Summit Oatmeal Stout gelato.

If you are opposed to water in mason jars, something may be wrong with you.

Besides my lovely experience tonight, I have spent a fair amount of time at St. Anthony Main. In college, I used to run across the Stone Arch Bridge as part of my workout routine. Then, I discovered Pracna,
the oldest restaurant on the oldest street in Minneapolis. Who doesn't love history?! Pracna is awesome because of the happy hour, the good food, the patio, and the friendly and knowledgeable bartenders who serve a good list of craft beer.

Then there is Tuggs Tavern, which is a nice place for a drink on the patio. Vic's is delicious. I hear great things about
The Aster Cafe. (An amazing patio?) Oh, and throw in a cute theater with character and you've got an awesome spaot to hang out.

Besides the restaurants, there is also that whole look-at-the-breathtaking-view thing going on. I probably take a picture of the river every time I am down there. Maybe we should talk about the free concerts. Or that the Lifetime Fitness Torchlight 5K is going to start and end there this year.

Anyway, this is one of the things that makes me happy--a place that I love.

What places make you happy?

1 comment:

  1. There are a lot of places in the cities that make me smile. St. Anthony main is also at the top of my list, uptown is up there as well, and Grand Avenue in St. Paul.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin'?