Monday, July 25, 2011

"Warning: dates in calendar are closer than they appear."

Sorry for the week hiatus. It's been a busy one! I had a cooking class with a friend, made a short trip to the farmers' market, met with another friend I never get to see (and the fire alarm at the Pracna went off falsely because of humidity), went to a dinner party, attended the Twins game, had too much fun at a Christmas in July party, then headed over to Tour De Fat, saw Trampled by Turtles at an outdoor plaza and topped it off with some physical exertion at Warrior Dash.


Which led me to the idea--is it good or bad to be so busy?


I tend to lead my life in the fit-in-everything-you-possibly-can sort of fashion. Maybe I inherited the lifestyle from my parents--they were always working, attending a social function or a concert, anything. Just as long as they weren't sitting at home doing nothing. Or maybe I got it from my sisters who pack everything into their lives that they can; I wouldn't call any of them homebodies. Maybe it's because I like to make other people happy too so I arrange events to gather them together. 


On the upside, I have the privilege of seeing a lot of different groups of friends on a pretty regular basis. A couple of weeks ago, I wrote down the names of everyone I saw that week and to see a long list of names made me happy. (I even included Mom and Dad on this list). (You should try this). And as long as we're being honest here, I included seeing different groups of people on my resolutions chart (courtesy of The Happiness Project). In other words, it's a monthly "goal" of mine to spend time at least once with each of the different groups I am a part of.


On the downside, this means a lot of going places and running around and since I'm late to almost everything (I am still working on this, I promise), it means many more opportunities to be late. It also means a lot of driving, because I live far away from everything, like I mentioned here. And the biggest downside is that my extreme lack of sleep inflates to greater proportions. 


Still, I like to be busy. It gives me lots of things to do so I'm never bored, and I obviously do take a breath--once in a while.


"I'm less interested in why we're here.  I'm wholly devoted to while we're here."  -Erika Harris 


**All photos were taken by yours truly, 
except the one of the shoes at Warrior Dash. Thanks MV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin'?