Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Slothopatomus

My name is Jennifer, and I have been a slothopotamus. Seriously, if a sloth and a hippo had a child, that would be me. It's sort of mean, but I need a little bit of encouragement to get myself the H to the gym.

So, in an effort to get off the couch (actually, the computer chair), I am going to do something new with my work out plan by scheduling classes and gym times and runs on my calendar, as if they were dinner dates with friends or appointments I couldn't miss. Last week I looked up yoga classes ahead of time (at all the places I have vouchers/groupons/existing memberships), found times that worked, and "penciled" them in. 

It at least worked for last Sunday; I had scheduled a yoga class at Core Power and by golly, I went! (For the first time in three months...) But even on Tuesday, I am still le sore. Last night I had thirty-thousand-four-hundred-and-nine cavities filled, so to make the numbness wear off faster, I walked on the treadmill for over an hour. It helps when Modern Family is in front of me too.

Today I'm heading back to the gym. I need to tell you guys so I can feel at least a little bit accountable to keep going. No more slothopotamus! I have found a hefty (haha) correlation between weight gain and unhappiness. (And yes, in this case, it's correlation AND causation). I refuse to gain weight during the holiday season.  Who is with me? 

2 comments:

  1. I have observed the same correlation in myself. I started tracking my calories again, and am going to try NOT eat out every single time I'm too gosh darn lazy to cook. Gym? We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOO WITH YOU. I lost my running/yoga routine that was going so well and it's so hard to get back into it.

    And I'm determined not to gain the normal weight during the holidays. I normally don't eat 10 desserts in one day, so why should I because it's Thanksgiving? Or Christmas, or whatever?

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin'?