It has officially been a year since I started this blog and as you might have guessed, it’s completely hard for me to believe. 365 days and 96 blog posts later, and here we are. Just like a birthday, holiday, or any other annual event, I like to look back and understand what has become and imagine what can still be.
What has become:
- I have taken time to think and thank Thanksgiving-style. You know, where you go around the table and say one thing you’re thankful for? I have done that much more frequently because of this blog.
- I’ve created an archive of memories from the past year. I can look back on photos, thoughts and ramblings from any given time, provided I wasn’t slacking in posting.
- I’ve cultivated happiness. Looking back on my very first post on this blog, this was exactly my aim.
- I’ve gotten through Mondays by focusing on the positives and dreading the Mondayness of it all a little less. (I ought to get back to this)
What I still imagine:
- More small victories, whatever they may be.
- More crafting and siphoning of creativity.
- Better writing with more thought, new vocabulary, and higher articulation.
And here are some of my favorite posts from the past year:
My first post (Just a newbie!)
"The better part of one's life consists of his friendships" (I love people)
Do the write thing (I love hand-written notes)
Things fall apart (So better things can fall together)
I am so thankful (Thanksgiving-style, like I mentioned)
Resolve to do something better (2012 Resolutions)
The Heart of the Matter (Heart Health)
Letter to my 30-year-old self (See ya in five years!)
Happy blogiversary (what a gross word) to meee!