Monday, December 31, 2012

Twenty-Twelve


It's that time of year again to look back on what has been, cherish those memories, and get excited for what is to come! This time I’ve broken down my 2012 review in terms of concerts I attended, travels I set out on, moments I loved, and virtual moments that made me giddy. You know I spend a good chunk of my life on the Internet (I loooove the Internet!) and so the best virtual moments weren’t difficult for me to recount. And so, from the beginning:


Shows: The Envy Corps
Travels: 2-night scrapbooking staycation extravaganza with my sisters and Ashley
Best Moment: Turning the big 2-5 and celebrating in the best way: spa, shopping, movie of a favorite book, family, friends, Mexican food, drinks, dressing up.
Virtual Moment: The most amazing birthday gift: a video of family, friends, and famous people reciting my tweets, status updates and lines from my blogs! I just got so excited to watch this again on my 26th!


Shows: Lion King [The Musical] with my three lovely sisters // Bombay Bicycle Club
Travels: None
Best Moment: Acting like a total kid by playing trampoline dodgeball and suffering for several days after.
Virtual Moment: Social media set a-flutter by news of Indeed opening this year.


Shows: Of Monsters and Men
Travels: None
Best Moment: Spending St. Patrick’s Day with a lot of great friends
Virtual Moment: The #StyleMe Challenge was born, and with that, new friendships and a whole new slew of Instagramming


Shows: Fun. // Cults // Florence + The Machine
Travels: None
Best Moment: Two extremely fun weddings.
Virtual Moment: I guess April was boring!


Shows: Grouplove // M. Ward
Travels: Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon with Zebulon
Best Moment: Playing cribbage and eating nachos at Tug Boat Brewing with Zeb
Virtual Moment: Discovering my photo and review on Hilary Rushford’s #StyleMe page


Concerts: The Shins // Avett Brothers
Travels: Denver, Colorado (with stops at Red Rocks and Golden) with Zebulon
Best Moment: Finishing my first half-marathon // Dancing to Avett Brothers on the most beautiful night at Red Rocks Amphitheater


Concerts: Basilica Block Party (Imagine Dragons, Train, Cake, The Head and the Heart) // Beirut
Travels: Atlantic, Iowa with the family for Grandma’s 90th birthday party.
Best Moment: Nancy’s birthday sheNANigans at Indeed
Virtual Moment: Researching what freedom means for Independence Day (seriously)


Shows: Coldplay
Travels: Dallas, Texas with Zebulon, Nancy and Nathan
Best Moment: Leaving work early to celebrate the opening of Indeed Brewing Company and meeting Mr. Mayor! ;)
Virtual Moment: Treble and Lace turned 1!


Shows: Awolnation & Imagine Dragons / The Head and the Heart & Blitzen Trapper
Travels: None.
Best Moment: Fashion’s Night Out, Blogger Meet-Up, Fashion Week with my new bloggy friends.
Virtual Moment: Tweeting back and forth with Blitzen Trapper // The Royal Concept’s management contacting me about my blog post


Shows: Wolf Gang & The Royal Concept // Miike Snow // Passion Pit & Youngblood Hawke
Travels: Rome, Florence and Cinque Terre, Italy with Zeb.
Best Moment: Grilling out and drinking wine with random Italians in Vernazza, Cinque Terre and touring wineries in Tuscany.
Virtual Moment: Winning tickets via email to see Wolf Gang at Varsity Theater


Shows: Matt and Kim & Oberhofer
Travels: Lutsen for Thanksgiving Weekend with Zeb and his family.
Best Moment: Exercising my right to vote and learning that Minnesota had defeated two proposed amendments to its state constitution.
Virtual Moment: Following election coverage


Shows: Sufjan Stevens // Of Monsters and Men
Travels: None.
Best Moment: Walking to get a Christmas tree in a blizzard and spending the rest of the day snowed in.
Virtual Moment: Sharing the holiday season with Instragram friends via #ShareAdvent

Looking back on the year helps me to put it into perspective and capture a sense of closure. As a girl highly-nostalgic for everything, it helps me feel accomplished and able to let the past be the past. It's time for now. Won't you join me?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin'?