Monday, February 6, 2012

The weekend, in le nutshell.

Today is merry simply for the fact that I do not have to go to work and type up my 700 TPS reports all day. (mycoworkersaresuckers.com!) <---I made it up, don't go to it.

This weekend was fun! I had dinner with my girlies at Ginger Hop in NE Minneapolis. The atmosphere was great, the service was ample and the food was delicious. I had a bowl of Tom Yum -- my Thai go-to dish and it was perfectly sour and spicy, like it should be. The only problem is that whenever I eat at a Thai restaurant, this is what I order. Maybe I should step outside of the box, or the soup bowl, or whatever, sometime. Afterwards, I went to my sister and brother-in-law's house to celebrate the unveiling of their forthcoming brewery! Lease signed, press releases released, and all of social media aflutter! You should probably check it out and get excited for this summer when it all comes true. Indeed, it will be worth it.

Saturday was full of cleaning, organizing, purging old beauty products, and then rushing out of the house to get to a comedy show. I went with a few friends to Joke Joint in Lilydale, MN which is basically a weird part of St. Paul. The comedian, Chris Barnes, is one of my favorites (I haven't seen that many) and my face was sore after the night of laughing hysterically. We headed over to Downtown White Bear Lake to spend time with the boyfriend's friends and brother and had a really fun time at small, unpopulated bars. My kind of night.

On Sunday I ran errands, went for a run (outside!) and then headed over to my sister's house to watch the Super Bowl. Just kidding, I didn't watch it, but the party was fun anyway. Only mistake? Not bringing stretchy pants. Glamorous - for sure.

My head is kind of all over the place today and this was more than a nutshell, but whatever. I guess it's the whole nut and that sounds pretty weird. You know me! Have a weird day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin'?